wtorek, 6 czerwca 2017

Opel Blitz 2,5-32, 1/35, ICM 35402. PART 1

Hi all.
With my Grizzly and Ki-46 finished I decided to move to next project. This time I wanted to change something in my way of building models. Up to this point my modelling was pretty straight forward. Bulding, painting, filters, washes, oils, chippings, streakings, pigments. In the end I had a nice looking model, but it is not what I desire. I wanna do a little bit of storytelling with my work. I wanna build a vehicle or plane (scaled) that has been somewhere. I also want to be more aware of what I'm doing and how that affects the whole project. That said, I wanna break down my weathering to smaller sections rather than do it on a whole model. That way I'll see the difference and possibly understand the WHY of using some method.
 
Also, with every new model I want to try something new or do something old differently. The main topic of this project will be: WOOD. Painting and weathering wooden structures. To do this, I chose ICM's Opel Blitz type 2,5-32. Here's some pictures.

The boxart. I will not use the shelter. My Opel will be a post-war truck. Soon the mystery will unravel :)

The in-box. 3 sprues, one with shelter will not be used. I'll leave it, maybe i will use it on some future projects.

Rubber tyres. In my opinion it is the weakest part of the model. 

Let's start with glueing.

The main frame. Lots of tiny details. Well, that's ICM allright.

 
Also started with an interior...

...and engine. Rather detailed one. 

Next step was to put some primer inside of the truck.

 The doors...
 ...and back with a roof.
 And, of course, the floor.
 I decided to use some tissues soaked in PVA glue thinned down with water.
 After that I used dome Steel colour in interior.
 That was followed with chipping fluid.
 Next, the Grey colour...
 ...and some chipping with brush soaked in water.

That is it for the first part. Stay tuned...

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz